1 REGISTRAR AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Alvar Pet Oy (Business ID: 3090685-8)
Malminkatu 24 B 14, 00100 Helsinki
Contact person: Ilari Haataja, CEO
Alvar Pet Oy, tel. +358 10 200 7350
According to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), all companies must report on the collection, storage and management of their users’ personal data. In this statement, we explain how and why we collect and process personal information.
We want to be open and transparent about how we collect and process data about you and your dog. If you have any questions, please contact us.
3 WHY DO WE COLLECT?
Purposes of data collection and treatment
- Building, maintaining and improving customer relationships
- The delivery, processing and archiving of orders
- Analysis and statistics on the use of our services, website and social media to improve user experience
- Development of our company's business and services
Based on what right do we collect data
- Legal obligations (including the Data Protection Regulation and the Accounting Act)
- Subscription agreement obligations (to reach our expected the service level)
- Your given consent
- Legitimate advantage for business and service development
4 WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
Related to orders
- Identification: name
- Contact details: telephone number, e-mail address, delivery address
- Order history: ordered products, delivery interval, price information
- Information about your dog: see part #11
From our website
- Customer feedback
- Cookies, local browser storage and other similar identification technologies (see part #5)
- We always report on the collection and processing of data to potential customer survey participants on a case-by-case basis
- We do not have access to your credit card or payment information.
- You can read about the data processing of our payment service provider Stripe here.
5 HOW DO WE COLLECT?
- Recommendation engine
- Order form
- Feedback form
- Newsletter subscription
- Cookies and other observation
Learn more about cookies
Cookies are small files that are created when you visit websites that use them. The purpose of cookies is to facilitate online browsing and transactions (for example, logging in or remembering page-specific settings) using your previous browsing information.
There are two types of cookies: First-party cookies of the site you are currently viewing, and third-party cookies, where the information is shared with a partner platform to better cater to your preferences. We use first-party cookies on our own website and third-party cookies with e.g. Google (for the means of tailoring and targeting our marketing efforts).
Cookies can be blocked in your browser settings. Please note that blocking cookies may decrease the operation and usability of our website.
Analytics and marketing
The tools we use to build our digital services include Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Pixel, Hubspot, and other similar tools. We use tools to monitor and analyze the use of our websites and social media. We also use the information we collect with these tools to target marketing.
6 HOW DO WE STORE?
Where and how
We store and process customer data in Finland and our customer information system is in Hubspot and Woocommerce. Our own telecommunications and backup are in EU countries.
The filing period of data varies depending on the purpose of use and the fulfillment of the obligations and responsibilities prescribed by law. We will only keep your information for as long as needed.
Protection of personal data
We adequately protect all personal information we collect from misuse and all other unintentional and inappropriate use. We also control access to personal information. Our servers are located in the EU.
7 WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We only pass on information to third parties if it is necessary for the implementation of the activities described above – and only to the extent necessary (i.e. we only share information that is relevant to each party). All third parties are commonly used and trusted parties committed to complying with the European Data Protection Regulation and applicable laws.
Us and our delivery partner
- Employees of Alvar Pet
- Payment agent Stripe
- Our packaging partner Warasto
- Our transport partner Posti and Budbee
- Customer information system, marketing and analytics service providers Iterable, Google, Facebook
Transfer to other third parties
We will only transfer your personal information to other third parties to the extent required by the performance of our services and business or for legal reasons.
8 WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
- Right of inspection: we provide the information we collect at your request in the format required by law
- Right of rectification: we will correct inaccurate information at your request
- Right of removal: at your request, we will delete your data, apart from the information we are legally obligated to retain
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to object to processing
- Transfer right: if you wish, we will provide your personal data for you to transfer
- Right of withdrawal: you can withdraw your consent to the processing of your data
- Right of appeal: in the case of inadequate or unlawful processing, you can appeal to the data protection authority
9 HOW DO YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
- You can log in to your profile on our website at my.alvarpet.com
- You can contact the email address or contact person mentioned in part1
- You can give us feedback through the feedback form on our website
- You can contact the data protection authority
10 MODIFICATIONS TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may need to change our privacy statement if required by law or the development of our services. If we make significant changes, we will notify all our registered users via email.
11 HANDLING DOG DATA
The EU General Data Protection Regulation does not apply to the collection of pet data, but we’re happy to share similar further information regarding it with you.
What do we collect?
- Dog’s name
- Dog’s gender
- Dog’s breed
- Dog’s activity level
- Dog’s body type
- Dog’s weight
- Dog’s allergies and special needs
Why do we collect?
- Tailored meal plan and recipe recommendation
- An effort to ensure the food is suitable for your dog
- Telling about the suitability of food
- Providing an indicative feeding recommendation
- Improving the user experience
Who processes dog data?
Dog data is processed only by those Alvar Pet Oy employees whose work tasks require access to the information. All staff are trained to handle personal data properly and take care of data security.
We do not share your dog's information with third parties.